It is ideal to use the computer/laptop and browser you plan to use for literature research.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox browser
- Go to the Zotero Download page
- The site will automatically detect your operating system (Win, Mac, Linux*) and browser.
- Zotero DOES NOT work with Chromebooks or Office 365
- Download Zotero 5.0 and browser Connector
Installation of Zotero
- Close any Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word)
- Open the downloaded Zotero file (.exe or .dmg).
- Follow the installation directions
- Zotero and an MS Word add-in will be installed
- Open the Zotero program
- Open MS Word
- Notice the word Zotero on your toolbar.
Installation of Browser Connector (Add-on/extension)
- Install the Zotero Connector for your browser (best with Chrome or Firefox)
- Browser may restart after installation
- You'll notice a Zotero icon (a "Z" or a small rectangle) on the right side of your browser toolbar.