Often you want to cite only a book chapter instead of the entire book*. You can easily change a book record in Zotero to a chapter.
- First add the book to your Zotero Library (see above)
- In Zotero, select the book title so you can see the metadata in the Info pane (the right column of Zotero)
- In the Info pane, select "Book" in the Item Type row, and change it to "Book Section" (top row in the info pane)
- The info form will change, which now includes editor(s), author, Title (for chapter), Book Title, etc.
- Make the necessary additions and edits
*NOTE: If you want a citation for the book and one of its chapters, right-click on the book citation in Zotero and select "Duplicate Item." Now change the the duplicate for the chapter.