This orientation guide is designed to help you familiarize yourself with all the library services, tools, and spaces available to you under normal operations. Please keep in mind that the COVID-19 pandemic impacts our normal services, hours, and spaces.
- The basement of Zimmerman Library, library classrooms, and some other spaces typically open to the public will be closed or restricted to library staff. Sometimes library spaces -- or even whole libraries -- may be available by appointment only.
- Usually eating and drinking is permitted in most library spaces. However, no eating or drinking will be allowed in library buildings while mask requirements are in effect. This includes any items purchased at the Zimmerman Starbucks cafe.
- Library service desks will only be able help resolve quick questions at this time. Questions that take more than a couple of minutes to answer will be referred to our Ask A Librarian chat service or a consultation with a subject specialist librarian.
- Librarians will only host consultations via phone or virtual meeting (rather than in-person). If you require special accommodations, please let us know when scheduling an appointment.
- During this time, please default to using virtual library services whenever possible.
To see the most recent information and latest updates, visit the Covid-19 guide linked below. You can also use the Ask A Librarian FAQ or online chat service to double-check on the availability of library services, technology, or spaces.