- What is the basic purpose of the web site? Is the purpose stated?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is the web site designed to inform, explain, persuade, sell, entertain?
- Who is the author?
- What are the author's education, credentials, occupation, affiliations, other publications? Are these qualifications relevant to the information presented?
- Who is the host? Is the host an educational institution (.edu), a non-profit organization (.org), a company (.com), the government (.gov), the military (.mil), or other?
- Does the author's affiliation with an institution bias the contents of the resource?
- Is the resource peer reviewed or edited? If so, by whom?
- Is the site stable? Has it been there for a while and does it look like it's going to stay?
- Is the topic covered comprehensively or selectively?
- Is coverage regional, national, or international?
- Is coverage recent or historical?
- Is coverage up-to-date?
- Is the information presented factual? Have you noticed any errors?
- Has the information been altered from its original?
- Does the author apply logic?
- Does the author use inductive, deductive, or abductive reasoning?
- Is the information supported with evidence? Are relevant and useful links provided?
- Is the writing clear?
- Is the page well organized and easy to navigate?