The Indigenous Nations Library Program (INLP) provides library outreach, information services and academic support to the UNM community. INLP also provides library and research information to surrounding Indigenous communities. The goal for both outreach and information services is to cultivate and support empowered Indigenous people.
- Reference and information in person on the 2nd floor of Zimmerman library or by email or phone.
- UNM Native American student retention by teaching students to critically evaluate information resources effectively. Classroom or one-on-one instruction is available.
- Outreach programming including library sessions for Native American high school & middle school students, tours of the library and more.
- Collection development by purchasing materials that support Native American/Indigenous curriculum which is interdisciplinary and includes business, legal, art and historical resources.
- Facilities in Zimmerman library including 6 iMacs with Microsoft Office software, drop-in study roomns, a practice presentation space and Native American newspapers.
Let us know how we can help!